If you are reading this webpage, it may be that you are looking for a therapist who is right for you.
I am Dr. Jane Moffett. Over the past thirty years, I have helped patients suffering from anxiety, depression, trauma, bereavement, and relationship ruptures to have full and authentic lives.
In our first meetings together, we will discuss your concerns and goals. As the work progresses, I employ traditional psychotherapy approaches as well as proven mind-body treatment modalities, such as Somatic Experiencing and EMDR, to provide safe and compassionate care.
You are fortunate to be seeking treatment at a time when advances in brain science are expanding and enriching our understanding of human potential. I have made a point of staying abreast of these advances and applying new approaches when one might be truly beneficial. At the same time, I draw on years of experience as a psychotherapist to facilitate healing. A successful therapy unfolds when we work collaboratively within the structure of a supportive therapeutic relationship.
While I am solely in private practice now, in the past I have supervised therapists in their clinical practice, sequentially serving as the Clinical Director of the The National Institute for Psychotherapy Integrative Trauma Treatment Center and The Psychotherapy and Spirituality Institute.
Treatment is available via Telehealth for New York State and Rhode Island residents. To schedule an appointment please email me | firstname.lastname@example.org
Training and Education
- E.M.D.R Certification in the treatment of Trauma,
- S.E.P. Certified in Somatic Experiencing Touch,
- S.E.P. Certified, Somatic Experiencing Certification Program,
- Ph.D., Shirley M. Ehrenkranz School of Social Work Doctoral Program,
- New York University, New York, NY
- Clinical Program for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Washington School of Psychiatry,
- M.S.W, Graduate School of Social Service, Fordham University, New York, NY
2002 All Staff Award for Service in the treatment of trauma, in the Aftermath of 9-11. From the Psychotherapy and Spirituality Institute.